Sr. Systems Engineer
Mainline Information Systems
Andy joined Mainline in 2001 as a Senior Consultant. He provides technical consulting for Mainline’s customers related to the planning and implementation of z/VM , Linux and other new workloads on IBM z Systems. Andy’s diversified background on multiple platforms along with deep expertise allows him to provide comprehensive consulting services. He provides system design, technical support, implementation services and project management for mainframe and mid-range environments.
Andy also provides server consolidation planning, analysis and studies, system assurance reviews, hardware and software installations and upgrades, security planning, performance analysis and troubleshooting, capacity planning, disaster recovery planning, communications support, software and hardware evaluations, and problem resolution.
Andy brings over thirty years of experience in both mainframe and mid-range environments.
- Capacity Planning for IBM z/VM on IBM z Systems
- KVM on IBM z with SLES and Ubuntu
- Using Free Tools to Automate the Installation of Linux on z/VM
- IBM z/VM Upgrade in Place Process
- Managing Linux Servers with IBM Wave
- Learn more about IBM System z cloud solutions
- Where to begin with provisioning and cloud solutions on z Systems?