Director of Power Systems for
Mainline Information Systems
In this role he is responsible for brand management and supporting Mainline’s sales and technical account teams in new business development. Previously with IBM for 42 years, he developed an expertise with Power Systems. Ron was involved with hardware, software and chip development including AIX, pVM, POWER6, POWER7, and POWER8, Linux on POWER, and the server release plans. He is also an IBM Power Systems Champion, an instructor at the IBM Power Systems Technical University and a contributor to the IBM Systems Magazine.
- IBM Power Systems Hardware Management Console (HMC) Directions
- POWER9 Performance and Performance Modes
- My Crystal Ball for Power Systems in 2018
- Meltdown and Spectre Vulnerability on Power Systems
- IBM Announces First POWER9 System
- IBM Announces Cloud Private…solution for Docker based private Power Cloud
- Power Systems “Quiet” Announcements and IBM Power Technical University NOLA
- IBM Announces Improved Usability in POWER COD Enablement
- RedHat 7.4 Release for Power Systems
- IBM Power Systems Offer New Management Options
- Impressions from Power Systems Technical University, June 2017 Orlando
- Power Systems Advantage in Machine Learning and Deep Learning… a View and an Opinion
- Geographical Dispersed Recovery for IBM Power Systems… a new HA Solution
- SUSE and AIX Changes in Terms and Conditions
- IBM Champions Program – Recognized IBM Leaders
- Power Systems – February 14 2017 – Significant Announcements
- My view on Power Systems in 2017
- IBM Presence at SuperComputing 2016
- Accelerators on Power Systems
- PowerLinux Distributions and Support Software Expand
- IBM and Red Hat Press Release for Power Systems
- New Power Systems Cloud Focused Models
- Reflections on Edge 2016
- IBM Announces POWER9 Technology
- IBM Power Systems Announce New Linux Servers
- IBM Power Systems Ranks #1 in Major Reliability Categories
- Oracle Data Base Evolution and Alternatives
- Cognitive Computing & IBM…What Is It All About and Why Should I Care?
- Opinion on IBM’s Direction of OpenSource Application Adoption
- KVM! Do I even need PowerVM Anymore?
- IBM Announced New Linux only Power “LC” models
- IBM October 2015 Power Systems Announcements from Power Technical University
- Virtualization Options for Linux on Power
- Unlocking Deeper Insights From Newer Sources of Big Data
- Linux on Power – To BE or Not To BE… why should I care?
- Decisions on Linux on Power
- Options for Supporting Linux on Power
- POWER8 is here!
- Is PowerLinux Relevant? The Case for PowerLinux
- New, Lower Pricing for Cognos on PowerLinux
- Faster, cheaper, simpler…
- Never underestimate the power of an IBM Power 7 upgrade
- Affordable and Powerful: New Linux-based Solutions on IBM Power Systems designed for big data analytics
- Do I need one platform for analytics and another platform for everything else?
- Pow! Wow! IBM Power Technical University